One 'fireworks' mongodb data base - two or more users

Hi,

my name is Martin Gumbau and I am starting to use this intersting tool.

I am newbie in ‘Fireworks Workflow’, be patient with my question.

I have installed Fireworks in a machine toguether with mongodb data base.

Basically the people who will use the Fireworks will be requesting for a HPC calculation in our modest cluster (resource) so:

0.- I have activated the ‘auth’ in mongodb.

1.- I have configured two users (user-A, user-B) in the ‘fireworks’ database.

2.- I have added a new workflow with user-A:

$ lpad add fw_test.yaml

3.- I have run the new workflow with the user-B with SUCCESS.

$ rlaunch singleshot

An the workflow have been started and is running.

MY QUESTION:

Are there any security configuration so that one user cannot manage a workflown owned by other user?

Will be necessary to configure so many fireworks databases as users?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Martin,

Thanks very much for your question. You are correct in assuming that there is no authentication / owner system provided by FireWorks itself - all users can access all runs within a single FWS database. If you have two users that want to maintain two separate sets of runs, and do not want one user to be able to run/manage the other set of runs, you will need two different FireWorks databases. Of course you can use the same MongoDB server (same physical machine, same Mongo daemon, etc), but that on that server you will need to create two different databases with different credentials. It should not cause too much overhead on your machine to have two different databases running on the same Mongo server. The FWS databases are usually small (unless you have many millions of runs and are intentionally storing very large documents), which means that usually both databases will fit simultaneously in MongoDB’s memory and have quick response.

Best,

Anubhav

···

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Martin Gumbau [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

my name is Martin Gumbau and I am starting to use this intersting tool.

I am newbie in ‘Fireworks Workflow’, be patient with my question.

I have installed Fireworks in a machine toguether with mongodb data base.

Basically the people who will use the Fireworks will be requesting for a HPC calculation in our modest cluster (resource) so:

0.- I have activated the ‘auth’ in mongodb.

1.- I have configured two users (user-A, user-B) in the ‘fireworks’ database.

2.- I have added a new workflow with user-A:

$ lpad add fw_test.yaml

3.- I have run the new workflow with the user-B with SUCCESS.

$ rlaunch singleshot

An the workflow have been started and is running.

MY QUESTION:

Are there any security configuration so that one user cannot manage a workflown owned by other user?

Will be necessary to configure so many fireworks databases as users?

Thanks in advance.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “fireworkflows” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/fireworkflows.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/b58dd8cb-ac99-4ccb-ac26-796ac62811e2%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.