Fireworks WebGui not launching

Hello,

I’m having issues launching the lpad webgui. It was working previously, but now i’m getting the following error:

/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pymongo-3.4.0-py3.5-macosx-10.6-x86_64.egg/pymongo/topology.py:145: UserWarning: MongoClient opened before fork. Create MongoClient with connect=False, or create client after forking. See PyMongo’s documentation for details: http://api.mongodb.org/python/current/faq.html#pymongo-fork-safe>

"MongoClient opened before fork. Create MongoClient "

[2017-04-25 13:04:20,953] ERROR in app: Exception on / [GET]

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1982, in wsgi_app

response = self.full_dispatch_request()

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1614, in full_dispatch_request

rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1517, in handle_user_exception

reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/_compat.py”, line 33, in reraise

raise value

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1612, in full_dispatch_request

rv = self.dispatch_request()

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1598, in dispatch_request

return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/fireworks/fireworks/flask_site/app.py”, line 63, in decorated

return f(*args, **kwargs)

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/fireworks/fireworks/flask_site/app.py”, line 132, in home

"id": item['nodes'][0],

IndexError: list index out of range

127.0.0.1 - - [25/Apr/2017 13:04:20] “GET / HTTP/1.1” 500 -

I am able to run lpad get_wflows command for all states except for COMPLETED workflows, where it throws this list index out of range error. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this error?

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric

Can you tell me:

i) Which update to the FireWorks code seems to break the feature (you said it was working before, but no longer - does reverting to an older version of FWS fix it)?

ii) What exactly is the query you are using?

iii) If you are comfortable with modifying the source, you can add a quick debug print above the offending line (line 132 in app.py) that prints out what the variable “item” looks like. Let me know if you are able to do that and what the result is.

Best

Anubhav

···

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 1:50 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hello,

I’m having issues launching the lpad webgui. It was working previously, but now i’m getting the following error:

/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pymongo-3.4.0-py3.5-macosx-10.6-x86_64.egg/pymongo/topology.py:145: UserWarning: MongoClient opened before fork. Create MongoClient with connect=False, or create client after forking. See PyMongo’s documentation for details: http://api.mongodb.org/python/current/faq.html#pymongo-fork-safe>

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1982, in wsgi_app

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1614, in full_dispatch_request

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1517, in handle_user_exception

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/_compat.py”, line 33, in reraise

raise value

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1612, in full_dispatch_request

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1598, in dispatch_request

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/fireworks/fireworks/flask_site/app.py”, line 63, in decorated

File “/Users/sivonxay/anaconda3/fireworks/fireworks/flask_site/app.py”, line 132, in home

I am able to run lpad get_wflows command for all states except for COMPLETED workflows, where it throws this list index out of range error. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this error?

Thanks,

Eric

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “fireworkflows” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/fireworkflows.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/94d80631-268e-46f0-b537-7d1224b7101c%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Best,
Anubhav

Hi Anubhav,

1. I haven’t updated Fireworks. I’m new to fireworks, so this was probably the first time a workflow was marked as completed. I think the issue stems from this.

2. i get errors when I use

lpad webgui
lpad get_wflows -s COMPLETED
but no errors when I use any of the following commands

lpad get_wflows -s {RUNNING, PAUSE, READY, WAITING, DEFUSED}

1. printing item gives the following output:

{‘metadata’: {}, ‘name’: ‘Li64 Si64_longruns’, ‘parent_links’: {}, ‘fw_states’: {}, ‘links’: {}, ‘state’: ‘COMPLETED’, ‘updated_on’: datetime.datetime(2017, 4, 25, 17, 22, 49, 245000), ‘_id’: ObjectId(‘58ff85e937cea8c8d89240b1’), ‘created_on’: datetime.datetime(2017, 4, 25, 17, 22, 49, 245000), ‘nodes’: []}

Thanks,

Eric

···

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 1:55:31 PM UTC-7, ajain wrote:

Hi Eric

Can you tell me:

i) Which update to the FireWorks code seems to break the feature (you said it was working before, but no longer - does reverting to an older version of FWS fix it)?

iii) If you are comfortable with modifying the source, you can add a quick debug print above the offending line (line 132 in app.py) that prints out what the variable “item” looks like. Let me know if you are able to do that and what the result is.

Best

Anubhav

Hello,

raise value

Thanks,

Eric

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “fireworkflows” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/94d80631-268e-46f0-b537-7d1224b7101c%40googlegroups.com.

Best,
Anubhav

To anyone following this thread: Eric and I followed up. We think Eric might have had some dynamic workflows created that were empty, i.e., had zero Fireworks inside. This was unintentional on his part and indeed should not even have been possible with FireWorks. I pushed an update to FireWorks to not allow the creation of empty workflows which should prevent this problem from happening again.

···

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 2:15:06 PM UTC-7, [email protected] wrote:

Hi Anubhav,

1. I haven’t updated Fireworks. I’m new to fireworks, so this was probably the first time a workflow was marked as completed. I think the issue stems from this.
  1. i get errors when I use

lpad webgui
lpad get_wflows -s COMPLETED
but no errors when I use any of the following commands

lpad get_wflows -s {RUNNING, PAUSE, READY, WAITING, DEFUSED}

1. printing item gives the following output:

{‘metadata’: {}, ‘name’: ‘Li64 Si64_longruns’, ‘parent_links’: {}, ‘fw_states’: {}, ‘links’: {}, ‘state’: ‘COMPLETED’, ‘updated_on’: datetime.datetime(2017, 4, 25, 17, 22, 49, 245000), ‘_id’: ObjectId(‘58ff85e937cea8c8d89240b1’), ‘created_on’: datetime.datetime(2017, 4, 25, 17, 22, 49, 245000), ‘nodes’: []}

Thanks,

Eric
On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 1:55:31 PM UTC-7, ajain wrote:

Hi Eric

Can you tell me:

Best

Anubhav

Hello,

raise value

Thanks,

Eric

Best,
Anubhav